HSOY Volunteer Orientation
New Volunteer Orientation!
What: Humane Society of Yuma Volunteer Orientation
When: January 7th, 2017
Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Where: Humane Society of Yuma Conference Room
The Humane Society of Yuma is looking for self-motivated, mature, dependable and compassionate team players. Come hear about the Humane Society of Yuma and meet other volunteers and HSOY staff members. Are you new to Yuma? Have you recently retired to Yuma? Or are you just looking to give back to the community. Earn the opportunity to meet others who share your interest; the love and care of animals.
At the orientation you will be able to understand what is expected of you as a HSOY volunteer. There will be time after the orientation to ask questions and fill out applications. We ask that you please be patient, as it could take a month to complete the entire process. We must be able to spend time with new volunteers to properly train them. The schedule is as follows:
8:45 am – 9:00 am Sign In
9:00 am -9:30 am Orientation Presentation
9:30 am -10:00 am Volunteer Opportunities (with different staff members & volunteers)
10:00 am - 10:10 am Break
10:10 am - 11:00 am Animal Handling Class
Here are some of the requirements to be a Humane Society of Yuma Volunteer:
• Be committed to the mission and values of the Humane Society of Yuma.
• Commit to volunteering a minimum 3 month period of at least 2 hours per week.
• Be at least 12 years of age. 12-15 year olds MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times when volunteering. 16 & 17 year olds may volunteer independently with parental consent. PetSmart and Thrift Shop location requires volunteers be at least 18 years old.
• Become a Bronze Paw member for $25 or a Pack Pals member for $25 for the first family member and $10 for each additional member.
• If you are interested in being a dog walker we also suggest purchasing one of our awesome dog leads.
You must RSVP for this event as there is limited seating. If you haven’t been to the new HSOY shelter yet, please make sure to visit before the orientation to be on time. On the day of orientation, please enter through the Volunteer Entrance on the north side of the building.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Your answer goes here The age limit is 12 years old. You must be 12 years old to volunteer at the Humane Society of Yuma with a parent/guardian.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Your answer goes here You can contact the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (928) 782-1621 ext 107.