hrCares Colorado - Volunteer/Networking (Feb. 12th)
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM (MST)
Inaugural hrCares Colorado Event - February 12th, 2014 - Women's Bean Project
hrCares Colorado is pleased to announce our inaugural event at the Women’s Bean Project headquarters and fulfillment center. We will have the rare opportunity to tour the facility, hear from CEO Tamara Ryan and volunteer our time assisting the organization’s participants with job interview “preparedness” practice. We will celebrate the event with a wine and cheese reception immediately following the program.
Agenda for our upcoming event at the Bean:
- 1:30 – 2:00 - Background on the Bean Project & tour
- 2:00 – 2:15 - Briefing on volunteer instructions & objectives
- 2:15 – 2:30 - Break out into interview groups
- 2:30 – 4:00 - Mock interview sessions
- 4:00 – 4:30 - Q&A with CEO, Tamra Ryan
- 4:30 – 5:30 - Networking / cocktails on location
Women's Bean Project - Transforming the Lives of Women
Information about the Women's Bean Project:
- Since 1989, Women's Bean Project has been dedicated to helping women in Denver break the cycle of poverty and unemployment through transitional employment in gourmet food and handcrafted jewelry manufacturing.
- While at the Bean, women receive immediate income and support, discover their talents and learn the job readiness, interpersonal and life skills needed to overcome barriers to employment.
- During her 9-12 months at the Bean, a woman moves out of dependency and into personal responsibility and self-reliance through a holistic approach that includes on-the-job training as well as stabilization and personal development services.
- Every element of the Bean Project curriculum contributes to eliminating barriers to employment, building fundamental job readiness skills and enhancing employability. The first few months of the new year comprise the Individualized Job Placement phase, which is crucial to her transition into the community and long-term self-sufficiency.
- From basic computer classes to create a foundation for online job searches, to individualized guidance on resume writing, to building confidence with her communication skills through mock interviews, the focus of this phase is to ensure she has the resources, training and skills she needs to secure a permanent, full-time career entry-level position prior to graduating at the Bean.
- The success of Women’s Bean Project is directly correlated to the support of the community and we so greatly appreciate and respect those who selflessly give back to help others. So much of the organization’s mission ties back to the critical contributions of volunteers, and we are so lucky to be able to count on them as resources.
For more information about the Women's Bean Project please visit: http://www.womensbeanproject.com/
Powered by Mercer & 530 Inc.
To learn more about hrCares click here: (www.hrcares.org)
To learn more about Mercer .
Note: This event is by invitation only. Mercer & 530 Inc. reserve the right to decline participants not on the invite list.