San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Knowing employment laws and how to apply them will in turn affect employee morale. People like to work for people they respect, and they engage in their work when their manager creates a fair and positive environment. You add value by complying with the law, protecting the organization and yourself.
These “Top Traps” have been identified as key areas of exposure for employers, regardless of industry. Whether you are new to a supervisory position, or it’s just time for a refresher course, this workshop will arm you with knowledge and implementation tips to immediately put into action.
- Understand key employment laws and the role you play in managing employment risk
- Implement best practices for documenting employment action, managing attendance and requests for accommodation, and responding to employee complaints
- Proactively manage issues head-on and with confidence, garnering the respect of your work group
Who Will Benefit
- New and emerging leaders with little or no prior training or experience in managing others
- Experienced managers interested in staying abreast of employer compliance and best practices
- HR professionals and organizational leaders looking to ensure effective risk management and compliance with current employment laws
HRCI Credits: 2.75
Molly Kelley, PHR
Senior HR Business Partner, Xenium HR
As a Xenium Senior Human Resource Business Partner, Molly works closely with clients to address their issues related to HR compliance, best practices, and employee relations. She also develops and facilitates Xenium’s training and development sessions, delivering best-in-class training sessions tailored to the business objectives and industries of the attendees. With over 15 years of experience in the human resources industry, she brings a unique blend of energy, knowledge and compassion to every engagement.
Wendy Gilbert, PHR, SHRM-CP
HR Account Representative, Xenium HR
Wendy Gilbert is excited to be part of the Xenium team as an HR Account Representative and started in April 2015. Her prior experience includes doing recruiting and general HR for companies including Daimler Trucks North America and Banfield Pet Hospital (Mars, Inc.). Before entering into a career in HR, Wendy was a mental health therapist for over 10 years specializing in crisis intervention, EAP, group facilitation and conflict mediation and is a past-president of the Oregon Counseling Association.
When & Where
We believe that every business leader should have the opportunity to focus on serving their clients and growing their business, leaving the administrative duties of being an employer—including HR, payroll and benefits administration—to us.
Xenium is an HR & Employer Services company in Tualatin, Oregon. Our team of HR, payroll, and benefits professionals support small- and medium-sized companies that have limited or no internal HR resources, as well as companies with internal HR staff who can benefit from support.
We view people as an organization’s biggest asset. From developing competitive people practices to carrying out tough employer decisions, our team supports you to provide the freedom to focus on growing your own business.