2017 is shaping up to be an important year for devolution to England’s big metropolitan areas. Greater Manchester, Merseyside and the West Midlands will become the latest places to elect executive Mayors.
The debate doesn’t end there, with South Yorkshire looking to elect its own Mayor shortly and other regions negotiating devolution deals. But what will this change mean for you? What are Theresa May’s plans for the Northern Powerhouse and city devolution? What powers will the different Mayors have?
This half-day Quatro training session will provide an insight into the reforms, what they mean in practice and how to engage with the new Mayoral administrations. This includes:
- How devolution has developed in recent years – how has policy changed between New Labour, Coalition and Theresa May’s Government?
- A look at the 2017 Mayoral elections
- What powers will the Mayors have and how will they differ?
- What difference will Mayors make to business and the commercial environment?
- Regional policy and further devolution
If you can’t make this date please contact us at the email below to register your interest for further events, including Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield.
Quatro can also deliver a bespoke session on devolution, tailored to your team.
Please contact Liam Ronan on 0207 566 7969, or email Lronan@quatro-pr.co.uk to discuss your requirements.