There are many different pre-conceived ideas of what Las Vegas hospitality is all about, from all-you-can-eat buffets to Triple Five-Star hotel experiences or private luxury events. Insights into providing luxury hospitality experiences on a larger scale will be shared by our instructors, who offer a combination of extensive luxury hotel and casino operations experience. This course offers a combination of classroom learning and on-site tours at three premier luxury operations in Las Vegas.
Building a Culture of Hospitality in Las Vegas
- Luxury standards and quality ratings
- Hiring practices and creating a branded experience for your team
- Continuous improvement
Luxury Casino Operations
- Casino luxury vs. non-gaming luxury
- Large-scale luxury vs. small-scale luxury
Luxury Hotel Operations
- The role of Information Technology (IT) in luxury operations
- Food and Beverage (F&B)
Benefits to Participants:
With direct access to Las Vegas industry executives, attendees can expect to gain deep insight into the approach that hoteliers and casino operators take to deliver luxury experiences in the heart of the famed Las Vegas Boulevard. The program content is applicable to any luxury operation. Attendees can expect to learn many lessons about how to deliver luxury on a larger scale, how smaller luxury properties can compete in such a market, the role that luxury hospitality plays in this ever-evolving market, and many practical lessons that can be taken back to and applied in the workplace.
This 3-day program is designed for:
- Managers already working in the luxury or upper upscale tier properties that wish to fine-tune their operations;
- Managers working in large hotel operations seeking to raise their level of standards;
- Leaders of regions or markets seeking ways to upgrade the image of hospitality in their area;
- Managers in hotels seeking to improve their knowledge of the luxury hotel industry, with a view to moving into upper upscale or luxury properties.
Early Bird Registration: $1,285.00
*Early Bird Registration closes at 11:30 p.m. on 08/30/2016
Regular Registration: $1,350.00
*Regular Registration closes at 11:30 p.m. on 09/27/2016
What is the program schedule?
Each day will follow a schedule similar to the one seen here:
8:30am - 9:00am: Breakfast
9:00am - 12:00pm: Classroom instruction featuring an industry expert
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00pm - 1:30pm: Transportation to a Las Vegas property
1:30pm - 3:30pm: Tour of a Las Vegas property hosted by executives of the property
3:30pm: Transportation back to UNLV
Will I receive a certificate for this course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will be presented at the end of the last day of the course.
Can I get college credit for this course?
PLuS Center courses are certificate-based development programs. College credit towards university programs is not applicable.
Is substitution allowed?
Yes, substitution is permitted up to two business days before course begins.
Cancellation of registration is accepted up until September 27, 2016. A twenty percent (20%) service fee is applied. No refund will be given for any registration cancellation after September 27, 2016 for any reason.