How to Write a Strategic Marketing Plan That Will Amplify Your Business
Over 90% of all Virginia businesses fall into the small business category. For many of those, breaking through the clutter can be difficult but creating a great marketing plan, and following through on it, can help raise your business profile above the rest.
Between knowing how to write an effective plan and then taking the time to implement it, marketing can be feel daunting to businesses who have a million other things to do – but it doesn’t need to be that way. Our workshop will focus on the key areas that should be addressed in your plan and how best to reach your target audience, then give you the tools you need to do it successfully yourself.
Are you set up for marketing success?
If you’re a small business owner or in charge of marketing for a small company, ask yourself:
- Are you marketing on a regular basis, or sporadically?
- What makes your company different from your competitors?
- Do you truly know who your customers are, where they’re located, and what they care about?
- Is your good or service offering in line with its perceived value?
- Do you know what your return-on-investment (ROI) was for your last marketing expense?
- Do you have a marketing calendar to make sure all of your efforts are being covered?
If you can’t comfortably answer “yes” to all of the above questions, come spend the morning with us as we work through a variety of topics to help you better identify the critical information you need for successful marketing.
What should a solid marketing plan cover?
The major sections of a marketing plan can be broken down into four parts:
- It’s All About You - Work out why you're building your marketing plan, have a vision for your company, know what you have to offer your customers, conduct an honest SWOT analysis, and uncover your true differentiators
- It’s All About Them - Research and genuinely understand your target audience, your competitors, their influencers, and external factors that affect your business
- Your Plan of Attack - List 2-4 measurable objectives, support them with high-level strategies that can achieve the objectives, then develop engaging tactics you can/will execute to realize your goals
- Your Marketing Budget – Identify how much you can and want to spend, track your efforts to better identify ROI, and plan accordingly so you don’t run out of money halfway through the year
During the course of this workshop, all participants will receive a workbook filled with exercises designed to identify all of the items listed above, as well as tips and ideas you can utilize beyond our class to strengthen your marketing efforts.
After the class has completed, a follow-up email will be sent out with a unique code to download our proprietary marketing plan template and a budgeting document, allowing you to better keep track all of your marketing efforts – completing the set of tools you’ll need to successfully plan and execute your company’s marketing.
*A light breakfast and networking will be available from 7:30-8:00am.
About the Instructor:
This workshop will be led by Barbara Bliley, co-founder and Creative Director of Helm & Hue. She has over a dozen years experience working within the communication industry, and focuses on helping companies bring their brands to life through comprehensive strategies, graphic design, and print production. Her expertise in writing marketing plans for clients spans a wide variety of industries, including financial services, estate planning, nonprofits, event plannings services, specialty medical practices, and many more.