Life Fusion – How to Win the Eating Mind Game
Deciding what to eat has become such a complex issue these days, especially if you are trying to lose weight or develop healther eating habits. You can end up feeling as though you are thinking about food all the time but still can't decide what you should be eating. My talk is designed to help you to stop focussing on what to eat and to understand that resolving why you eat will ultimatley empower you to make food choices that not only help you achieve your weight and health goals but that you actually enjoy too! In the process you may also find your whole life transforming as you unravel the emotions affecting your eating choices.
This talk is for you if you relate in any way to the following:
- You really want to lose weight, but every time you start a diet you end up frequently berating yourself for not having the willpower to stick to the rules
- You love food and drink so much that you cannot imagine making any sustainable changes without life becoming an utter bore
- You are eating to numb your mind, to hide your emotions or your needs – boredom, anger, loneliness, etc.
- You use food to reward yourself when life feels great, when you achieve a goal – or to overcome a disappointment. Who hasn’t hit the ice cream tub when your boyfriend has ditched you, you’ve had an argument or you didn’t get the job you wanted - or you did get the job you wanted?!
- You tell yourself that you will join the gym/change jobs/look for a new partner when and only when you’ve lost a few pounds, toned up and feel better about the way you look. You don’t think these are excuses, but you never actually change your life. You change your goals instead
- …and quite frankly you are fed up with thinking about dieting and food in any shape or form
To set you on the road to losing weight or making better food choices, during this talk you will:
- Discover the why, where, when, who and how of eating and how these impact your food choices
- Learn how the people in your life may be helping or hindering you and learn how to overcome their negative advice
- Investigate how location, timing and ambience can all impact your decision on what and how much to eat
- Get to understand how willpower works – why you can eat like an angel in the morning, but by the evening the devil is in charge of your food choices
- Ultimately you will learn how it's not what you eat that makes lasting changes, but your big reason why you eat: why do you want to lose weight, how can you decide what to eat for your health, who do you want to be, and maybe even what difference do you want to make in your world?
You will leave the talk with your own Personalised Action Plan in which you will have identified at least 3 habits that are not serving you and the 3 actions that are going to take that will transform your eating habits.
Come along on Wednesday 28 September to kickstart your new relationship with food.