The How to Run Your Business Program is focused on helping clients develop their businesses ideas and growth plans.
The program is sector agnostic and is focused on helping entrepreneurs that are ready to take their business idea, or existing business, to the next level.
The five-week training program is a step-by-step course designed for people who want to learn more than just how to complete a business plan, but how to use it. Clients will learn the following:
• How to develop a business model and plan
• How to do market research
• How to prepare a marketing plan
• Low cost, no cost marketing tools
• How to market your business online
• How to keep books and basic bookkeeping
• How to prepare a profit and loss statement
• How to calculate your break-even point
• How to prepare a cash flow forecast
• How to analyze a balance sheet
• Legal requirements for small business
• Costing and pricing your product or service
• Time management tips and tools
• Sales skills and customers service
• How to apply for a business loan
• How to use systems to improve your management
• How to keep yourself motivated and disciplined
• What it takes to become a successful business
• How to work smarter, not harder
• How to manage your employees
The training sessions will be delivered over five-weeks, with two three hour sessions each week.
Clients will have access to a 150-page Small Business Training Manual, business tools and templates.
All clients receive one-on-one business advisory support during and after their completion of the program.
All clients will be connected with mentors who will providing coaching and insights into their business plans.
StarterSpace @North York
All clients have the ability to work from Enterprise Toronto’s North York Civic Centre’s office – named StarterSpace @North York. Access to the space will include touchdown office space based on a first-come-first-served basis during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), access to wifi and boardrooms that can be booked for meetings.
- Tuesday May 30 – Workshop 1– 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 1 –Workshop 2 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday June 6 – Workshop 3 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 8 – Workshop 4 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday June 13 – Workshop 5 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 15 –Workshop 6 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday June 20 – Workshop 7 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 22 –Workshop 8 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday June 27 – Workshop 9– 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 29 –Workshop 10 – 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Andrew Patricio is the founder and owner of Bizlaunch, a company that trains, advises and mentors entrepreneurs. He has worked with Fortune 500 companies to improve their brand presence with thousands of small business owners and as an internationally recognized small business expert, he has trained entrepreneurs in Canada and 21 other countries. Andrew understands entrepreneurs because he is an entrepreneur, having started several businesses of his own and has authored two books on small business.
This program is delivered in partnership by the City of Toronto, Biz Launch and Startup Toronto.
Thank you to our sponsors:
North York Civic Centre
5100 Yonge Street, Main Floor
Economic Development & Culture - Enterprise Toronto Library
North York, ON M2N 5V7