Are you looking for a step by step guide on how to register a company?
Companies House in partnership with the British Library will tell you everything you need to know about how to register a limited company. This special event will help you learn:
- How to choose a name and the rules surrounding names
- What information company directors have to provide when they set up a company, how it is done, how long it takes and the cost of doing it
- What a director has to send to Companies House each year
- How easy it is to send that information online
- What happens when directors do not send in that information
- Fraud awareness
- What changes are likely to happen to make running a limited company easier
Only a professional advisor can advise on whether a sole trader or a limited company is the best option for you, but this workshop will explain much of what you need to know about a limited company and that may help you with your decision. There will also be an opportunity to put forward your burning questions on how to get your company up and running. This workshop will be presented by Neil Butler. Neil is currently the Business Liaison Manager at Companies House. His role is that of communicating and working with the accountancy and legal professions, business organisations, entrepreneurial and educational groups to inform and guide on the many aspects of company start-up, officers responsibilities, compliance and products and services.
About Companies House Companies House is an Executive Agency of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and responsible for company registration in Great Britain. There are more than 3 million limited companies registered in the UK, and more than 400,000 new companies are incorporated each year.
Increase your chances of business success.
The British Library Business & IP Centre supports people to start, protect and grow their businesses. Come and access our free market research and intellectual property databases and take part in our regular programme of workshops and events.