How to Manage Feelings (Parents of Children 2-5 yrs)
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
Successful emotional development, such as how a child identifies and reacts to feelings both in himself and others is a crucial predictor of academic and social success. Cultivating emotional and social skills begins early in childhood.
- Understand how children develop emotionally.
- Learn strategies to help children manage their own difficult feelings of sadness and anger.
- Get tips for helping children control impulses.
- Help children understand how to manage their relationships, make friends and resolve conflicts.
- Discuss ways to teach children empathy and how to feel something from another person’s point of view.
When & Where
Our professional Family Educators provide parents with supportive, up-to-date information and guidance to better understand and address today’s family issues. We serve 3,500 families each year in the central Virginia area.