Update: Currently the 1/21 workshop is full to capacity. We have a waitlist. Click on the tickets button to be put on the waitlist and we will notify folks on that list about openings and how to register. Thank you for your interest in this topic. We look forward to hosting this class again in the future. -Team NNRG
For the same workshop offered in Portland, OR on February 4, 2017, please go to http://timber-sale-or.eventbrite.com
Timber harvests conducted with care and good planning are an important management tool that can generate revenue while improving the quality and value of timber resources and wildlife habitat. Harvesting and selling timber is incredibly complex and can be challenging – incomplete planning without market knowledge can cost you thousands of dollars. By being well-informed about the value of timber, key questions to ask, and the logistics of harvesting and marketing logs, you can ensure a more efficient harvest operation that yields the ecological and economic results you want from your forest.
This day-long workshop will introduce landowners to the steps involved in setting up and managing a successful timber sale. You will leave better prepared to manage a timber sale and more familiar with resources available to help you succeed. All woodland owners are encouraged to attend regardless of past workshop experience.
- Assessing forest resources & timber quality
- Silviculture/harvest systems & equipment
- Financial aspects of harvesting & marketing
- Log markets
- Hiring a consulting forester & logger
- County & state permits
- Low-impact & ecologically sensitive harvest options
- Tami Miketa | Washington Department of Natural Resources
- Josh Meek | Washington Department of Natural Resources
- Thelma Mosebar | Forest Owner
- Kirk Hanson | Northwest Natural Resource Group
- Andy Chittick | Northwest Natural Resource Group
- Rick Helman | Northwest Natural Resource Group
Details and registration:
WHEN: Saturday, January 21, 2017
WHERE: Centralia College, Washington Hall, Room 113, Washington Ave. & Pear St., Centralia, WA 98532
COST: $15.00, Lunch is included!
All woodland owners are encouraged to attend!
For more details, go to: http://www.nnrg.org/beginning-forestry
Funding and support for this workshop is provided by:
- United States Department of Agriculture
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- Sustainable Northwest
- Build Local Alliance
- West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District