An overview of licensing
- Why licence?
- Choosing a licensee
- The licensee’s objectives
- How to find a potential licensee
The licence agreement
- Exclusivity or not
- The extent of the licence
- The licensee’s rights and obligations
The trade mark issues when licensing
- Why the licensee will want you to register your trade mark
- Licence disputes and how to avoid them
- Dealing with an infringement
- Trade mark issues on termination
The end of the licence agreement
- The consequences of termination
Stephen Sidkin and colleagues from fashion law specialists Fox Williams LLP (www.fashionlaw.co.uk) will be drawing on their experiences in advising brands in putting in place a variety of licences involving menswear, footwear, accessories, and fine fragrances.
Stephen Sidkin, Partner, Fox Williams LLP
Simon Bennett, Partner, , Fox Williams LLP
Emma Roake, Senior Associate, Fox Williams LLP
After the seminar, you will have the opportunity to discuss your own issues with the speakers.