San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presented by the Stanford GSB High Tech Club
How would you answer these tough product management interview questions?
- Design a new iPad app for Google Spreadsheet.
- Brainstorm as many algorithms as possible for recommending Twitter followers.
- You're the CEO of the Yellow Cab taxi service. How do you respond to Uber?
- You're part of the Google Search web spam team. How would you detect duplicate websites?
- The billboard industry is under monetized. How can Google create a new product or offering to address this?
Visiting the Stanford GSB High Tech Club to help demystify these questions, Lewis C. Lin will discuss his book on product management interview preparation: Decode and Conquer. His talk will be followed by a Q&A. During the Q&A, he'll answer questions from the audience including:
- What is the role of a PM?
- What skills are required?
- How to land a PM job?
- Best tips and tricks for interviews
After the talk, Lin will be available to sign books, where you can also purchase his book.
SPECIAL BOOK OFFER
A limited number of $10 books will be available for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Retail value is $29.99.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Lewis C. Lin is the founder and CEO of Impact Interview. He has over 10 years of experience in the career management industry. Lewis first began in 1999, when he started JobReviews.com, a career and workplace community. It featured company, salary, and interview reviews. He sold the company to Job.com in 2001.
Lewis also has over 11 years of experience in Product Management and Business Development, having worked at Google, Microsoft and Citi. Prior to founding Impact Interview; he was Microsoft’s Director of Product Management and Marketing. With an MBA from Kellogg School of Management, Lewis has published two books: Rise Above the Noise: How to Stand Out at the Marketing Interview and Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will lunch be provided?
No, but you're welcome to bring and eat your own lunch at the event.