San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"How to Avoid Being a Casualty of
a Raw Materials Shortage"
General Manager - Los Angeles
Castle Metals Aerospace
The availability of raw materials is critical to the ability of suppliers to deliver on time. With increasing volume demands and the tight coupling of lean manufacturing, almost every raw material shortage propagates as significant delays throughout the supply chain. Because on-time delivery is so important, every supplier must be conscious of their vulnerability to fluctuating prices and a limited global supply which can be easily diverted to non-aerospace applications.
Bill will describe the operation of the raw materials market, project what is likely to happen over the next year, and suggest what suppliers can do to assure themselves of needed materials.
Specifically Bill will cover:
- Capacity and constraints of the aluminum and titanium producers, along with benefits and drawbacks of the procuring directly from producers versus service providers.
- Why there are such long lead-times in Aerospace and Defense metals, and if there is any 'relief' in sight.
- "Pinch Points" in the raw material supply chain.
- Best case / worst case scenarios of raw material availability in aluminum & titanium into the 2015/2016 projected "high production" years.
- How best to secure your supply chain in these key materials going into this historic growth market.
When & Where
The Aerospace & Defense Forum
The Aerospace & Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community of over 1800 with seven chapters providing opportunities for sharing of information, current events, and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs.