How to Audit-Proof Your Physician Contracts
Thursday, January 16, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
This training on healthcare compliance will teach the attendees best practices for conducting a self audit of financial relationships with physicians. It will help you understand the key legal implications of Stark and Federal Anti-Kickback statutes.
Why Should You Attend:
In today’s heavily scrutinized healthcare industry, it is imperative that all financial arrangements with physicians who may serve as a referral source to the organization are structured to comply with a number of legal requirements. In addition, a physician contract management program should incorporate a number of internal controls to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of your financial relationships with physicians.
This program will enable you to walk through your physician contracts with the mind set of an auditor looking for proof. Attendees will learn how to ensure you have a physician contract management process that can hold up to any scrutiny.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Learn how to conduct a self audit of your physician contracts.
- Understand the key legal implications of Stark and Federal Anti-Kickback statutes.
- Learn how to incorporate the “Show me” principle in your physician contract process to ensure you can hold up under audit scrutiny.
- How and why HIPAA, EMTALA, and other legal requirements should be considered as part of this process.
- How to perform necessary periodic reviews on your physician contracts.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to any healthcare provider engaged in contracting for the services of physicians who also serve as referral sources to the provider. Workforce personnel who should attend may include:
- Compliance director
- Internal auditor
- Legal officer
- Physician affiliation director
Kevin McPoyle, CPA , is the Director of Internal Audit & Compliance with Kennedy Health System of New Jersey. Mr. McPoyle is a healthcare audit and compliance specialist with over 20 years experience assisting healthcare providers, both large and small, with developing systems to ensure compliance, revenue integrity, and operational efficiency. He has presented at numerous conferences and seminars and he is the past president of the Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association where he led extensive efforts to design and deliver exceptional professional education for the industry.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.