Actions and Detail Panel
HOUSTON VITILIGO AWARENESS: "EMBRACE WHO YOU ARE"
Sat, April 8, 2017, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM CDT
D’Lyric Inspired® will host the Houston Vitiligo Awareness Movement “Embrace Who You Are”. The event is being held to broaden public awareness about Vitiligo; a condition in which a loss of cells that give color to the skin (melanocytes) results in smooth, white patches in the midst of normally pigmented skin.
D’Lyric Inspired is excited to join Vitiligo Bond Inc. (VBI), a registered nonprofit 501c(3) organization based out of Atlanta, GA. that aims to provide support for those living with Vitiligo. The event will make Houston the first stop on VBI's 30-City “Be The True You” tour. Together, D’Lyric Inspired and VBI hope to create a positive outlook and understanding of the physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional effects of Vitiligo.
The Houston Vitiligo Awareness Movement will be the first stop for the Vitiligo Bond, Inc. 30-city "Be The True You" Campaign.
OUR GUEST SPEAKERS:
- Amber Shaw (Our Host) - Radio Personality for KYND Radio 1520 AM "Unplugged Praise" @itsmeambershaw
- Perry Whaley - Vitiligo Bond Inc. Spokesperson from Atlanta, Georgia (Living with & advocating for Vitiligo).
- Brandie Nickerson - Parent Advocate for Children Living with Vitiligo.
- Yolanda Roberts - Founder, Healing Hearts Network, Resources to let you know "You're Not Alone".
- Dr. Milton Moore - Dermatologist & developer of Moore Unique Skin Care (Specializes in the treatment for Vitiligo).
- Dr. Alanna Bree - Pediatric Dermatologist and Founder of A Children's House for the Soul.
Entertainment will be provided by:
- Patrick Tribitt (Bassist)
- Emoetry Speaks (Spoken Word Artist)
- Angel Taylor (From Grammy nominated group Trin-i-tee 5:7)
We will have amazing entertainment, a fashion statement (not just a show) and delicious food being served up by Candie's Fine Catering.
Please submit your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT WILL FURTHER BENEFIT THE HOUSTON VITILIGO AWARENESS MOVEMENT.