Actions and Detail Panel
Houston Superhero Heart Run 2017
Sun, April 9, 2017, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
Are you ready, Houston? Superheroes are taking over Houston on Sunday, April 9, 2017! Please join Heart Heroes, Inc. and Mended Little Hearts of Houston at Cullen Park for the 3rd Annual Superhero Heart Run!
The Superhero Heart Run is the nation's only family-friendly, superhero-themed 5k/2k event specifically aimed at raising awareness for Congenital Heart Defects. Get tips and ideas to kickstart your fundraising at www.superheroheartrun.com/fundraise!
"You Have the Power to Save the Day for Congenital Heart Defects!" People everywhere are suiting up in their superhero gear and commemorative capes to create the most highly-visible event that ever existed for Congenital Heart Defect Awareness. Your participation and fundraising will help raise much-needed funds and awareness for CHD. Proceeds raised from this event will be utilized to provide support, education, research and create awareness for Congenital Heart Defects, the most common birth defect. Families in Texas will benefit directly through the programs and services provided by Heart Heroes, Inc and Mended Little Hearts.
Please visit our website for more information on events, sponsorship, fundraising, and volunteer information.
*Please note: We are unable to offer refunds for weather cancellations or non-attendance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What time does the event start?
Check-in and family activities begin at 8:30am, and the 5k/2k starts at 10:30am.
What's the refund policy?
We are unable to offer refunds for weather cancellations or non-attendance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Parking is available at Cullen Park. We encourage carpooling to minimize traffic.
- There is no smoking at any Superhero Heart Run event.
- Dogs are allowed on leash, if allowed by park policy.
DOs & DON'Ts for the Superhero Heart Run:
- DO bring your Heart Hero Cape, water bottles, superhero costumes! Feel free to bring a picnic and tailgating supplies to make a day of it!
- DO bring cash or cards to pay for walk-up registrations, merchandise and last-minute donations.
- DON'T bring your bikes, scooters or skateboards - we're leaving the trail clear for our runners, walkers and strollers.
- DON'T forget any check or cash donations! (Make checks payable to Heart Heroes, Inc. and can also be mailed to PO Box 340, Boys Town NE 68010)