You are invited to attend:
"Hour of Code" Workshops
The "Hour of Code" is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries. One-hour tutorials are available in over 40 languages. No experience needed. Ages 4 to 104 are welcome. The ultimate national goal is to get 10 million people to try computer science for one hour. In addition, the "Hour of Code" demystifies computer science and coding.
The FIRST “Hour of Code” event at Rock Valley College was on December 12th, 2015. The event brought 126 people from the Rockford Region to learn more about Computer Science fundamentals and coding! To keep this momentum going Professor Chuck Konkol of Rock Valley College started hosting monthly “Hour of Code” Workshops!
The“Hour of Code” workshops are FREE and OPEN TO PUBLIC! The workshops are scheduled the 1st Wednesday of the month, 5-6pm.
The "Hour of Code" Workshops
- Fun, hands on learning about coding
- Unplugged and online learning
- Perfect for ages 5 and up!
- Raffle prizes
- Information about CIS Computer Science and Coding Courses offered at Rock Valley College
- Welcome & Introduction; 5pm
- Computer Science or Code Tutorial (Unplugged or Online); 5:05pm - 5:55pm
- Wrap it Up with Raffle Drawing for Door Prizes; 5:55pm
- Wednesday February 1st - Flappy Birds Game (Updated)
- Wednesday March 1st - Star Wars, Building a Galaxy with Code (Updated)
- Wednesday April 5th - Code with Anna and Elsa. Create a game about the movie Frozen (Updated)
- Wednesday May 3rd - Coding with Minecraft (Updated)
Get Inspired to Code!
- Do you want SuperPowers? https://youtu.be/e3lOZUvskcg
- Global hour of code: https://youtu.be/pNiECaVMStY
- Change the World: https://youtu.be/BvRvluhfzf0
- #RVCHourOfCode 2015: https://youtu.be/KLTkNnXexfw
If you have questions, please email Professor Chuck Konkol at email@example.com
App created by an "Hour of Code" event attendee that was 6 years old.
I hope you can make it to one or ALL of these workshops!
- Professor Chuck Konkol