San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for our breakfast series "Hot Topics/Cool Talks."
Each month, we bring together business and thought leaders to discuss ideas, technologies and trends driving change in our culture and economy.
Tuesday June 28, 2016
The Child Care Dilemma: How employers are redefining work, family, and parental leave
Netflix did it. So did Microsoft and Intel. Now a growing number of Oregon businesses are adopting paid family leave and child care policies — a shift propelled by millennial work habits, corporate recruitment pressures and an increasingly sophisticated, globalized labor force. But can small businesses afford to implement paid family leave programs? What kind of impact do these programs have on the bottom line? What are the costs? What are the benefits? Join our expert panel to hear how Oregon businesses are blazing a new trail in family-friendly policies.
- Linda Baker, Editor, Oregon Business magazine
- Glaucia Martin-Porath, Owner, Women’s Plaza
- Amy Beacom, Founder and CEO, Center for Parental Leave Leadership
- Casey Milligan, Director of Operations, Salt and Straw
- Pat Harrington, Managing Principal, Bora
Breakfast is provided.