San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This November, in support of Women Abuse Prevention Month, Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion invites you to raise awareness about Honour Based Violence (HBV), which is a form violence against an individual who has ‘dishonoured’ their family.* It is critical for frontline service providers to understand the role of cultural factors in violence against women to properly address and intervene effectively. In this information session, we will discuss:
- What is Honour Based Violence (HBV)?
- What are the different forms of HBV?
- What are the differences between HBV and domestic violence?
- What are the differences between HBV and homicide?
- What can we do about HBV as service providers?
- What to avoid while assisting clients facing HBV?
Who benefits from attending this session?
- Frontline service providers from family services, settlement agencies, shelters, counselling services, school and adult-learning centers staff.
Speaker: Kamal Grewal
Light refreshments will be provided.
Proceeding goes to support HCCI.