Actions and Detail Panel
Sat, June 24, 2017, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
Considering homeschooling? Starting the homeschool journey? Need a refresher? Then this workshop is for you!
This event was formerly called “New to Homeschooling” and was offered in 6 weekly sessions. We are now offering an all-day event, and several workshops will be held throughout the summer at different locations in the Birmingham area.
This is a parents-only event with informational sessions that include:
- Know Your Why (Evaluation of your reasons and philosophy of homeschooling)
- How Can I Homeschool? (Discussion of legal issues)
- How Do I Teach? (Discussion of ways to teach at home)
- What Do I Teach? (Discussion of curriculum choices)
- Planning (How to plan for the year and for the school days)
- Question & Answer
Homeschool veterans will share their homeschool stories throughout the day. We want to encourage you to come for new ideas and encouragement even if you are already homeschooling. And bring a friend that is interested in homeschooling as well!
COST: A donation of $10 is suggested to cover the venue and printing costs, but this event is open to the general public at no required ticket price.