Home Buying Workshop 101
For most people, buying a home is the largest commitment of time and money that they will ever make. Whether you are considering a single family home, condo or townhouse, this process can be a bit complicated, not to mention overwhelming if you are a first time buyer or re-entering the housing market after many years. This fun and fast-paced session will walk you through an overview of the home buying process, educate you on the "Do's and Dont's” of the lending process, and lay out the "road map" to finding the right home that makes the best financial sense for you.
HOME BUYING 101 is perfect for you if you fall into any of these categories:
- Ready to upsize/downsize;
- A first-time home buyer;
- Considering purchasing in the next year,
- In the process of buying a home currently,
- Or graduating from college in the next year and want to learn about financing and how to prepare for a home purchase.
The session will last 1 hour with Q&A at the end. Topics covered will be:
- The difference between purchasing a condo and a single-family home from the lending perspective;
- Loan Types for Homes and Condos;
- Closing costs associated with buying a property;
- Overview of the entire home buying process and who are the main participants in it.
We will have three speakers discussing different aspects of the process: a Lender, Realtor and Real Estate Attorney. These folks comprise your Buyer Team, and each one plays a very important support role in the home buying process:
- David S. Piatek, Vice President with The Federal Savings Bank
- Nancy Perlman, Sr. Broker Associate with Keller Williams – Chicago-O’Hare
- Paul Ochmanek, Jr, Real Estate Attorney with Paul Ochmanek Law
At the end of this seminar, you will have a clear understanding of the process and the importance of having a competent and experienced team to get you to the Finish Line. With this knowledge, you will feel confident and in control as you enter into this exciting and often life-changing experience.
Class space is limited so please RSVP for your session as soon as you can. If you need to cancel, we ask that you please unregister so others can attend.