Join us at a Cuddle Party!
*This is casually themed for the holidays. Whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Yule, etc. it seems that a central theme is sharing your joy with others. In this spirit we will be offering paired tickets (no gender specification needed) for a discount. I encourage you to bring a friend or loved one and participate in the spirit of giving!*
What the heck is a Cuddle Party?
A Cuddle Party is an event that allows adults to experience the positive effects of non-sexual touch in an intentional space that is structured around consent and boundaries.
Well, what does that mean?
Firstly, touching other human beings is really good for you! Human beings need touch and affection to lead fulfilled happy lives. Touching others produces a hormone called Oxytocin. Here are some of the things oxytocin positively impacts:
- your blood pressure
- your nervous system
- your emotional health
- your ability to connect with and trust people
- your ability to respect and care for yourself
- your sense of saftey, comfort, and belonging
Second, the first hour of this event is a workshop on what concent and boundaries look like at a Cuddle Party. Through this participents gain
- Clarity and confidence
- Boundary and communication skills
- Comfort, support and Encouragement.
- Translatable skills to everyday life
What can I expect?
- 1:00pm - Doors Open
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm - Cuddlers arrive, check in, and get in comfy attire
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm - Welcome Circle. (Attendees MUST attend the entire welcome circle to participate. If you have not arrived by 1:30pm you will not be able to attend the event.)
- 2:30pm - 4:45pm - Open consent aware cuddle time and self care.
- 4:45pm - 5:00pm - Closing circle
- 5:00pm - 5:15pm - Goodbyes
- Arrive on time: Once we begin the Welcome Circle and orientation the doors will close and no one else will be admitted. This creates comfort and accountability by ensuring that everyone has heard the rules and expectations.
- What to wear: Pajamas or sweats
- What to bring: Non-alcoholic beverages and/or snacks to share. Cuddle accessories (i.e. pillow, blanket, stuffed animals etc.) Are also welcome.
Are there any rules?
Yep. Here they are. :)
- Pajamas stay on the whole time
- You don't have to touch anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as possible.)
- If you are a yes, say YES. If you are a no, say NO.
- If you are a maybe, say NO,
- You are encouraged to change your mind.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get a facilitator if you have a question, concern, or need assistance.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people's privacy when sharing about Cuddle Party.
- Keep the cuddle space tidy.
Still have questions?
Please call or email me with any questions or concerns.