San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Holiday Bots Workshop
Payment will be accepted at the workshop! There appears to be a problem with PayPal.We apologize for the inconvenience.
Introduce your child to creative engineering and robotics! This hands-on workshop is an introduction to robotics and making something that moves. Each child will learn to make a basic bot that can create art while it moves. The bots can be decorated for the holidays.
Participants will learn about basic electrical circuits using a small motor, an LED and batteries. This is an opportunity for young kids to be creative while learning technical skills.
Watch this video to see bots made by DIY Girls!
- All project materials will be provided - includes motors, LEDS, batteries and craft materials
- Workshop designed for kids ages 6-11. Girls and boys are welcomed!
- Parents or any other caregivers are welcomed to bring a special child in their lives. Adults must attend the workshop with the child.
- Light snacks and refreshments will be provided
Location: Blankspaces - Mid-Wilshire 5405 Wilshire Blvd (between La Brea and Fairfax)
- There are two City of LA parking lots nearby: one on the northeast corner of Wilshire and Detroit for $1/hr and another between Cloverdale and Cochran, just south of Wilshire: $1/hr, $4 max
- There are metered spaces along the side streets, in the first block north and south of Wilshire.
- There are free 2-hr residential spaces along the side streets, beyond the 1st block north and south of Wilshire.
Questions? Please email Luz Rivas, Founder and Executive Director at email@example.com
When & Where
DIY Girls is a nonprofit organization that serves underserved girls in Los Angeles. We offer afterschool programs, summer camps and workshops designed to give girls hands-on experiences with engineering, computer science and product design.