The HireEd Conference will bring together entrepreneurs, corporations, business leaders, educators and non-profits to discuss successful solutions and strategies to place students, graduates and workers at all levels, and bridging the gap between educating, finding and placing talent.
A Business/Education SOLUTION Conference.
8:00- 8:30 am Networking Breakfast
8:30-9:00 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
• GMU Vice President of Resarch, Deb Crawford and County Board Member Libby Garvey
9:00-9:45 am Business/Education Panel Presentations
A moderated discussion that informs the breakouts and further answers questions like: Do our schools adequately prepare talent for the growth industry ies? Do area businesses invest in talent via training opportunities? What responsibility does business and education have for jointly developing the programs which retain talent in our region?
• Victor Hoskins, AED Executive Director
9:45-10:00 am Networking Break
10:00-11:30 am Solutions Sessions
Comprised of representatives in education and business, moderated sessions will explore the challenges and possible solutions to bridging the gaps between workforce needs and education in three key growth sectors.
• Mike Knapp, Co-Founder, SkillSmart
• Hobsons, Susan Van Devanter, Recruiter
• Curiosity Media, Chris Cummings, CEO
• 1776, Rusty Greiff (Managing Director)
• Jefferson Education Accelerator, Todd Bloom, Chief Academic Officer
• Michael Hoffman, TandemNSI
• Deep Learning Analytics, Dr. John Kaufhold, Managing Partner
• Excella Consulting, Claire Walsh, Head of Data Analytics
• Matthias Renz – George Mason University, Professor, Computational and Data Sciences
• VA Tech - Naren Ramakrishnan, Professor of Computer Science (awaiting confirmation)
• Dr. Diana Burley, GWU, Professor, Human & Organizational Learning
• Endgame, Dr. Andrea Limbago, Chief Social Scientist
• George Mason University - Paulo Cesar G Costa, Associate Professor, Department of Systems Engineering & Operations Research
• Marymount University - Dr. Diane Murphy, Chair, Department of Information Technology
11:30- 12:45 pm Keynote Luncheon Donald Graham, Graham Holdings
12:45 – 1:00 pm Closing Remarks