HIPAA/HITECH Assessment for Healthcare Business Associates
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:10 AM (PDT)
This HIPAA compliance training will help healthcare business associates understand the risks associated with handling Protected Health Information (PHI) and show how to implement the steps required to mitigate the risks to secure PHI and comply with new HIPAA/HITECH omnibus rule.
Why Should You Attend:
- Have you identified your key business associates handling PHI that you create, receive, maintain or transmit?
- Do you review your contract periodically with your key business associates?
- Do you have the right to audit clause or require your business associate to follow certain minimum security controls and best practices?
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, in Section 13411 of the HITECH Act require HHS to provide for periodic audits to ensure covered entities and business associates are complying with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and Breach Notification standards. According to the recent report more than 60% of the breach happened are by the business associates.
If you come under the “Business Associate” category, and want to avoid showing up at HHS’s “wall of shame” or if you are a healthcare organization or facility employing the services of vendors, attend our 60 minutes webinar to learn in depth about how to comply with HIPAA and HITECH rules, understand the audit protocols, Know what a breach is and how to mitigate one if occurred.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- HIPAA/HITECH new omnibus rule
- Business Associate Determination Process
- HIPAA/HITECH applicability for BAs
- Criteria for classifying Business Associates
- Best practices for BA engagement
- BA risk assessment questionnaire
Who will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to medical offices, practice groups, hospitals, academic medical centers, insurers and business associates (shredding, data storage, systems vendors, billing services, etc). The titles include:
- Compliance director
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- HIPAA Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
- Office Manager
- Contracts Manager
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.