HIPAA Risk Analysis: The HIPAA Standard, HIPAA Security rule
Thursday, March 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This HIPAA risk analysis webinar will help you to understand the components needed to conduct a comprehensive security, risk analysis for your organization, in order to comply with the HIPAA standards and the far reaching affects of the HITECH Act. You will learn how to identify sources of PHI and ePHI in your organization, external sources and the threats to information system that contain PHI and ePHI.
Why Should You Attend:
The Security Standards for the Protection of Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI), commonly known as the HIPAA Security Rule, establishes national standards for securing patient data that is stored or transferred electronically. But Securing information can give many professionals anxiety and sleepless nights, when attempting to identify the numerous ways breaches can occur. The Security Management Process of the Security Rule indicates risk analysis is a necessary tool in reaching substantial compliance with many standards and implementation specifications.
Attend this webinar which will help you analyze and understand two very specific HIPAA-security compliance assessments, you will be able to develop organizational compliance plans that address both privacy and security within your organization, specifically addressing your ability to secure patient information within your company, in both physical and electronic forums.
When assessing the risks and vulnerabilities associated with PHI and ePHI, there are three key questions health care organizations should ask, before performing a risk analysis.
- Can you identify the sources of PHI and ePHI within your organization, including all PHI that you create, receive, maintain or transmit?
- What are the external sources of PHI/ePHI?
- What are the human, natural, and environmental threats to information systems that contain PHI and ePHI?
This webinar will not only address answering the above referenced questions, but moreover, this discussion will allow you to put these questions/answers in perspective to address your internal and external security needs and devise the most comprehensive plan for your organization’s demands.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
This discussion will provide valuable insight and application to a practical and systematic process to initiate and evaluate your organization’s security practices. Within the hour, we will define how to apply a specific methodology, during a risk assessment and to establish a comprehensive analysis:
- System Characterization;
- Threat Identification;
- Vulnerability Identification;
- Control Analysis;
- Likelihood Determination;
- Impact Analysis;
- Risk Determination
- Control Recommendations; and
- Results Documentation.
Understanding these categories will help you look at the depth of your criticalities and define each vulnerability in terms that will afford your company with an action plan to cure the problem and put in place procedures to lessen and/or alleviate the risk.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.