HIPAA Privacy In 2013 and Beyond
Monday, February 11, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This HIPAA HITECH webinar will help you understand the requirements of HIPAA internet technology security (specifically to the electronic storage, transfer and use of patient information) and discuss the preparation for the Health Information Exchange (HIE) Network. Instruction as to best practices procedurally and electronically, to maintain a secure environment.
Why Should You Attend:
The expectation of the U.S. Federal Government is that all health information organizations (HIOs)-business associates, clearing houses, third party billers and health insurance providers will ensure patients from undue harm, relative to their personal health records- patient health information (PHI)/(ePHI) and patient identifiable information (PII), by implementing an secure electronic infrastructure and clear and deliberate policies/procedures.
This webinar will help you to understand how to implement strategies to insulate your organization from heightened scrutiny under the umbrella of the HITECH Act and the best practices to protect patient data and look to the future of the HIE. Specifically delineate what is “unsecured protected health information”. You will learn the expectations of the HITECH Act relevant to your company’s responsibility. You will be exposed to the background of HIPAA legislation and the ramifications of the HITECH Act as it relates specifically to the electronic storage, transfer and use of patient information. We will discuss procedures that will help strengthen your organization’s technological security in the evolution of electronic patient information in 2013 and beyond.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
In this webinar we will discuss the specific requisites of encryption in compliance with HIPAA, specifically the HITECH Act the appropriate policies and procedures and discuss the needed preparation for the HIE network:
- The enhancement of HIPAA through the HITECH Act;
- The OCR audit requirements;
- HITECH Act encryption strategies;
- Best practices for securing patient data;
- Privacy's Rule's notice of privacy practices;
- Openness and Transparency Principle of the Privacy and Security Framework;
- Explanation of the HIE Network;
- How to prepare for the future of patient data security.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.