Highland Park Scholastic Quads and Game Reviews
Sunday, October 6, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM (CDT)
Highland Park, IL
Game reviewers will include International Master Florin Felecan (FIDE 2361), International Master Arjun Vishnuvardhan (FIDE 2275) and FIDE Master Gauri Shanker Manoj (FIDE 2281)
- Quads are groups of four players with similar ratings (either USCF, local rating, or at TD’s discretion). Games are against others in your quad only
- Event is unrated, designed for fun and learning through game reviews (not mandatory, but strongly encouraged)
- 3 rounds, G/30 (each player has 30 minutes to complete all moves; sudden death)
- Grades K-12. All players must take notation
- Bring own set, board & clock (if no clock, organizer reserves right to call winner)
- Awards – Medals awarded to top players in each quad
Food available at site. Nut free snacks recommended for between rounds.
Registration and fees:
- $10 by Tues 10/1 10 pm, $13 thereafter (a small service charge will be added to each fee amount); OK to register at door!
- Check-in at 2 pm. 1st Round 2:30, others ASAP
- Directions/Parking: Follow directions to “H” Entrance located on the north side of the building
- Sponsored by HPHS Chess Team and District 112 Chess Program
- Info: Grades 9-12: Pablo Alvarez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 224-765-2048 or 630-649-3585. Grades K-8: Jerry Neugarten, email@example.com, 847-831-2435
Max attendance is 150 (first-come, first served).
When & Where
Highland Park Scholastic Chess
Highland Park Scholastic Chess is a group of parents, chess club directors, coaches, after-school program coordinators and PTO/PTA representatives committed to building high-quality chess programs for elementary and middle school students in Highland Park. Our goal is to make quality instruction available to all students regardless of need.