Project Helping Kindfulness for Kids Event
Ekar Farm is an urban farm dedicated to educating the community about sustainable agriculture practices and food justice, and donating fresh, healthy organic produce to local food banks. Every Sunday throughout the growing season, families have made Ekar a part of their activities. Planting tomato and cucumber seeds, and tending the land is a wonderful place for families to share old wisdom with the next generation.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
For this volunteer event, we will help Ekar Farm with a work project on the farm. Depending on the need of the farm, this could be planting, irrigation, fertilizing, or weeding. Join us for some fun in the dirt!
- Be part of something fun, engaging and impactful.
- As a volunteer you’ll be supporting your community and improving your own health.
- Earn tons of good karma and do something impactful. Trust us, your friends will be jealous!
- Speaking of friends, bring them along! Volunteering with friends and family makes the day even more memorable.
- And, of course, the chance to change the world. Who doesn’t want that??
Does this event require special skills?
There are no specific skills needed for this event, unless you consider being awesome and wanting to volunteer a special skill!
Are there age requirements for volunteering?
This is a great opportunity for all ages!
What if I have a large group that wants to volunteer?
We love to work with groups. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your group.
How do I sign up to volunteer with just a few friends?
Please have you friends complete the registration form. We would love to have them join us!
ALL THE DETAILS: Where to meet and park? What to wear and bring? What is the agenda?
Once you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with all the details. We’ll also send a reminder email 48 hours prior to the event as well as a text reminder 24 hours before!
To make sure you get the emails, please add Project Helping (email@example.com) to your contacts.