We are a group of college students and 20-somethings and we request your presence at our He(art) for Haiti Benefit. We are partnering with HELP (Help End Local Poverty) to build a house for aged-out orphan girls. This home will hold three girls and a “mom.” It will not only provide community, but protection from human and sex trafficking. All this can be done for $5,500.
To raise funds for this house, we are hosting a silent auction featuring the work of 15 local artists and photographers. Each of these artists is donating their time and talent to support this cause, including live music by Naked Folk Collective. In addition to art, we have several other gift packages up for bid and a raffle to win a photography session with one of our featured photographers. Dominican Joe’s will also be donating 20% of the evenings coffee sales to the cause.
If you would like to learn more about these organizations, check out these websites!
When & Where
Restore Communities, was co-founded by Matthew Hansen and Brandon Hatmaker as a result of a common desire to see the church begin to live beyond its own walls for the individual, collective, and social renewal of Austin and beyond. The result was ‘Restore Communities.’
The mission of Restore Communities is to create partnerships locally and abroad for individual, collective, and social renewal.
We hope to see this accomplished as we seek to help educate the faith communities on issues of poverty, injustice, and local humanitarian needs; mobilize faith communities to partner with non-profit organizations who are already furthering the mission of mercy, compassion, and justice to humanity; and to become a voice for those who have lost theirs.
We plan on doing this through five practical avenues:
- Partnering faith communities and local non-profits together to serve our city.
- Building awareness on the real social needs of our city and abroad.
- Planting communities of faith who gather around a heart to simply ‘love their neighbor and serve their city‘ through the gospel context.
- Creating monthly and quarterly service events to help expose people to a life outside of themselves.
- Hosting regular trainings with and for local non-profits to better equip those who want to better serve their community.