Heart-Based Environmental Educators Training
rekindling hope for the future generations
"In the end we will conserve only what we love;
we will love only what we understand;
and we will understand only what we are taught."
- Baba Dioum
Does your heart open while you’re outside with children?
Would you like to discover how you can follow your heart’s calling to work with children as teacher, parent or counselor?
Do you want to develop the skills to inspire natural curiosity and wonder in the people around you?
We have created a 4-day training program to empower you to take the next steps in the heartfelt path of teaching and learning. The world needs more people who carry these skills. Together with a team of professional naturalists and teachers, you will gain the skills to enrich children's lives with a nourishing deep nature connection. Our team is passing on the torch, offering the best practices that we have learned over decades of working with children. This program will support a rekindling of your own heart-based experience in nature so that you will be ready to inspire the next generation to walk a path of ecological literacy and leadership.
- You are a teacher, environmental educator, parent, homeschool community member, or aspiring counselor.
- You want a toolkit of proven skills that are used by nature connection programs across the country
- You are ready for support in your journey as an educator and guide of children
- You want experience with a unique model for teaching and learning that you can use every day in almost any educational environment
- Practice techniques for harnessing curiosity, building community, and encouraging the eight attributes of deep nature connection in people of all ages
- Learn games, activities and core routines that empower an enhanced nature connection
- Experience Story-telling techniques, songs, and ways to incorporate music and stories into the learning process
- Connect with experienced mentors and peers who will support your ongoing adventures with children
- Get a guidebook of resources and tools to take home
- Gain a stronger personal connection with nature to inspire you
Participants in this program will receive up to 20 hours of Criteria II credit towards NCEE Certification.
10am - 4pm daily
Wholesome farm lunch provided daily
Cost is $400
Scholarships available, contact Brenna at email@example.com
Sarah Haggerty helps people get in touch with what really matters. In an increasingly fragmented world, we need connection with the deeper aspects of life more now than ever. She has developed her approach over the past 20 years, and has supported thousands of people on the path of deep nature connection and personal growth. Through this work, she has helped remove the grief of disconnection, awaken attributes of leadership, nourish dreams and bring a sense of meaning back into daily life. She was the winner of the 2012 North Carolina Environmental Educators of the Year award, was Program Director at Schoolhouse of Wonder, founded the Natural Mystery School, is the current Director of Education at Piedmont Wildlife, and a graduate of the Eight Shields Institute.
Meg Toben co-created the Eco-Institute at Pickards Mountain as a sanctuary for nature connection, renewal, and healing the human-Earth relationship. Meg has twenty years of experience as an environmental educator, and ten as an executive director, during which time she has learned useful techniques for cultivating balance while keeping a holistic awareness. Meg believes in the essential value of reconnecting with the inspiration that originally led us into our career paths of service as leaders. Meg is the mother of two biological children whose feet know Pickards Mountain as their home. In 2015, Meg was honored with the Piedmont Environmental Leadership Award. Meg's love for art, ritual, Earth, and humanity inspire her to offer healing space of deep renewal to her colleagues who are working to heal our world.