What do you want to learn? This year we're offering 4 skill-building sessions, so whether you're looking to learn something new or brush up on your skills, we have a workshop for you. These interactive, hands-on trainings will be held from 1:00-4:00 p.m on Thursday, Oct. 20th, except the Creating Inclusive Healthcare Environments, which will be 11:00-4:00 on Thursday, Oct. 20th.
On this page, you can buy your ticket for one of these workshops (click on the green "Tickets" button for a description of each workshop):
- Health Literacy Design at your Desk
- Plain Language: Create materials that are easy to use and understand
- Let's go Viral: Creative Social, Digital and Video Health Literacy Strategies
Tickets for our other workshop on Thursday, Oct. 20th are sold separately here:
- Because the workshops are offered at the same time, you will be able to attend one.
- Tickets for these workshops and the Summit on Friday, October 21st are sold separately. If you want to attend the Summit, too, you can register here.
Continuing Education Units
Nurses: Workshop participants meeting the successful completion requirements can receive 3.0 or 5.0 nursing contact hours for their participation. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
We have also been approved to offer:
- Social workers (Missouri): 3.0 or 5.0 contact hours for Missouri social workers who attend the summit, a workshop, or both.
- CHES: 3.0 or 5.0 entry-level continuing education contact hours for certified health education specialists (CHES) who attend the summit, a workshop, or both.
We've applied for approval to offer CEUs for Kansas social workers who attend the summit, a workshop, or both. Please check back soon for updates!