Dr. Gordon Lithgow from the Buck Institute, will present surprising research results showing that aging actually *causes* cancer, Alzheimer's, etc. He changed aging genes in animals. Not only were they strong at an age while the control animals were frail, as would be expected, but the control animals were getting diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's, while the changed ones were not. Can this be repeated in humans? Come meet Dr. Lithgow and hear his presentation at the Health Extension Salon and learn where this research is going.
Cuisine: Ample and delicious dinner to satisfy discerning tastes, included.
• 6:00-7:00 Check-in and Dinner/Socializing
• 7:00-7:20 Welcome and Community Updates
• 7:20-8:00 Presentations
• 8:00-8:15 Workshop Session Descriptions
• 8:15-9:30 Sessions Or Socializing
• 9:30- More Food/Drink/Socializing/Surprise?
Note: this event is devoted to the goal of healthy 123 years olds -- and beyond!