- Debra Friedman - President and CEO, Health Republic Insurance of New York
- Amanda Parsons, MD, MBA - Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Health Care Access and Improvement, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Mario Schlosser - Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Oscar Health
- Moderator: Wendy Goldstein, Esq. - Partner in Cooley's Health Care & Life Sciences Regulatory practice
We're all aware of the many problems that plagued the roll-out of the Health Exchanges established under the Affordable Care, primarily on the federal side. New York, however, was one of 17 states to build its own exchange (NY State of Mind) and, as of mid-January, has enrolled nearly 330,000 people. New York is now the second largest exchange in the nation behind only California. What did New York do right? To find out, we are convening key industry stakeholders to share their experiences about the program implementation and adaptation to date.During the wide-ranging discussion, we will explore:
- Impact of technology problems on the roll-outs
- Enrollee demographics
- Provider satisfaction
- Comparisons between state-based and federal exchanges
- Lessons learned - What went right? What can be improved?
When & Where
NYC Health Business Leaders
NYC Health Business Leaders is a professional community of 3,000 senior executives who are leading, innovating and driving healthcare forward. It was founded in 2009 by Bunny Ellerin and Dr. Yin Ho. Together they have created a healthcare ecosystem in New York that spans sectors, bringing together the best minds to discuss important issues and spur innovation. It is clear that by connecting the right people – leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs, investors – we can ignite the right conversations that advance all sides of health. For more information visit www.nychbl.com.