Please Note: Some Internet Explorer users have issues registering through Eventbrite. If this is the case, please contact Tamara Torlakson at 916-508-2142 to register via phone.
Join Health Access as we celebrate 30 years of advocating for all Californians! The symposium will feature panels of policy experts and health advocates followed by a reception.
For thirty years, Health Access has been a leading voice for health care consumers; working for and winning health reforms to expand and secure coverage, win patient protections and keep the health industry accountable; lower costs and improve quality and equity, and encourage a healthier California.
To spotlight these coalition efforts and launch future initiatives, Health Access will hold a thirtieth anniversary celebration on Tuesday, December 13, 2016, at The Citizen Hotel in Sacramento. This two-part event will include a symposium and discussion from 1:00-5:00pm, to lay out next steps for California health advocates - well-timed right after a consequential election that will shape our work for the next several years.
A reception will follow the program from 5:00-7:00pm celebrating the progress we have made over the past thirty years. Appetizers and a hosted bar with beer and wine will be available.
1:00-5:00pm: Symposium & Discussion
Confirmed Speakers Include the Following:
- Cynthia Buiza, Executive Director, California Immigrant Policy Center
- Sarah de Guia, Executive Director, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Secretary Diana S. Dooley, California Health and Human Services Agency
- Sara Flocks, Policy Coordinator, California Labor Federation
- Alma Hernández, Executive Director, SEIU State Council
- Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez, O.D., Chair, Senate Health Committee
- Dr. Sandra R. Hernández, President & CEO, California Health Care Foundation
- Peter Lee, Executive Director, Covered California
- Daniel Zingale, Senior Vice President of Healthy California, The California Endowment
Tickets to the event are $85 for General Admission; $65 for Health Access California member organization staff. Tickets include admission to both the symposium and reception. Scholarships are available.
Sponsorship Opportunities & Ad Space in the Program Book are Available! Contact Tamara Torlakson for more details: (916) 508-2142 or at email@example.com