Healing through Laughter- Creativity and Improv Workshop- Survivors' Empowerment
Thursday, February 28, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (EST)
Back by popular demand Healing through Laughter Workshop is a series of three sessions specifically designed to use laughter, creativity and support as part of the healing process.
Mark your calendar for the following workshop sessions, all Sessions are from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM:
Each workshop will be different utilizing different activities. Participants are not required to attend each workshop BUT may want to participate in each opportunity for transformation.
By registering clicking the regestration tab you will be registering for the 2-21-2012 workshop.
|The Benefits of Laughter|
Physical Health Benefits:
Mental Health Benefits:
Laughing is good for your body!
Laughter is good for your health
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
Physical Therapeutic Benefits of Laughter: Dr. Lee Berk and Dr. Stanley Tan
- Reduction of Stress Hormones
- Immune System Enhancement
- Pain Reduction
- Cardiac Exercise
- Preventing Hypertension- Blood pressure
- Positive emotions
- Positive perception
Laughter is FREE! Come join us and LAUGH!
Registration to this and all Empowerment workshops are confidential.
When & Where
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
At the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay we offer help, hope and healing to all people experiencing life’s problems and challenges, big and small. We are located in Tampa, Florida, and provide services throughout the State and beyond.
We can help you deal with the devastating trauma of sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems.
We are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Dial 2-1-1 where you will receive free, confidential crisis counseling, along with referrals to a Crisis Center service or to over 4,600 other community resources.