2016 - Fall Retreat
Bible Based Trauma Healing
Listen to the news. With every day that passes, more people are traumatized by war, violence, natural disasters, diseases, domestic violence, sexual abuse, displacement, moral injury and human trafficking. These things happen not only in distant lands: those suffering from trauma and loss are in our communities, at our doorsteps, and in our homes. How can the church respond? How can you respond? The fact that Christ took not only our sin but also our suffering on himself on the cross is good news. Rather than avoiding these painful issues, you can bring hope to survivors of trauma and help them engage with Scripture in ways that brings healing and restoration.
The goal of this weekend is to begin to learn a new language for interacting in the suffering and loss of the world around you. This material will offer you tools to help people with heart wounds find healing, engage with Scripture, and become more resilient. It will give language and tools for engaging a broken world with the hope of Jesus.
- TIME: Friday, October 14; 7:00pm - 9:00pm / Saturday, October 15; 9:00am - 7:00pm
- LOCATION: Brentwood B&B 6304 Murray Ln. Brentwood, TN 37027
- LODGING: Registration does NOT include lodging
- FOOD: Saturday continental breakfast, sandwich lunch and full dinner are included with registration. Additionally, snacks and beverages throughout the retreat
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals seeking their own healing
- Individuals who are committed to helping trauma survivors
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be able to attend the entire retreat
- Emily Blackledge - Vice President, International Program; African Leadership Inc.
- Vicki Askew - Board Member; African Leadership Inc.
What is included in the registration?
- Access & materials for one individual to attend the retreat
- Snacks and beverages throughout your time at the retreat
- Saturday morning - continental breakfast
- Saturday lunch - sandwiches
- Saturday evening - full dinner