1 in 100 American adults are currently incarcerated
1 in 28 Pennsylvanians are under criminal justice system control
The odds are EVERY congregation has members impacted by crime and the criminal justice system, whether as crime victims, offenders or families.
Shame and stigma prevent people from talking about the resulting hurts and harms, or seeking help.
How can congregations create a culture of safety and support for those who need it?
Healing Communities training offers answers.
Healing Communities is a proven, national model, created by the Annie E Casey Foundation and faith leaders from across the theological spectrum, to engage congregations in the restoration and healing of their own members who have been impacted by crime and the criminal justice system.
The Lancaster County Reentry Management Organization (RMO), in partnership with Lancaster County churches and clergy groups, is offering the one-day Healing Communities training for clergy and lay leaders.
This training will equip and empower congregations with resources, information and support, while each congregation decides on its own action plan and approach to work toward being a healing community, based on its own culture, beliefs and demographics.
The training covers:
· Essential information and perspectives on the criminal justice system, current issues, and the impact of crime on victims, survivors, offenders and families
· Relevant questions for reflection and discussion within congregations
· Ideas and resources for pastors and faith leaders to engage congregants
· Tools, information and resources for congregation members
· Resources and dedicated time to develop customized a congregational action plan suited to the culture, demographics and core beliefs of each congregation
COST: $40/person or $100/3 people from a congregation (includes all materials & lunch)
After completing the online registration, to complete your registration and guarantee your seat in the training, please mail payment by check made payable to “Lancaster County RMO” with “RMO-HC” in the "memo" field.
Please mail payment to:
RMO - ATTN: Jane Evans
c/o Community Action Program of Lancaster County
601 S Queen St, PO Box 599
Lancaster, PA 17608-0599
NOTE: If you can't attend this training on December 3rd, we're also offering the HC training in Lancaster on November 9th - here's the link to that one: http://RMOHC-20161109.eventbrite.com