Lomilomi is an indigenous Hawaiian healing practice that was created by the Kahuna's of Old Hawaii. This beautiful and powerful form of bodywork seeks to take the receiver AND practitioner to deeper levels of relaxation and positive spiritual well being. Long, flowing and interconnected strokes on the body utilizing the forearms creates a feeling of being totally supported and cared for and nurtured. The Aloha spirit comes through in this bodywork through non-judgemental and supportive communication from the practitioner,allowing the receiver to feel completely safe and supported through the process. Additionally, this bodywork saves the wrists and hands from burnout and fatigue and through learning this style of massage one learns to become more in alignment with their body,mind and heart. This bodywork and the philosophy behind it conveys the "Aloha Spirit" and beauty with which the Hawaiian culture honors and celebrates itself. This body work is becoming more popular and sought out by massage practitioners and employers for the amazing experiences both therapists and clients have when giving and receiving.
- Basic hand/forearm techniques for working the body, prone and supine, and the principles behind them
- Learning to work in Tandem (Two practitioners working together on one body)
- Self-care and movement to improve body mechanics to save your hands, wrists, & body from burnout and fatigue
- Deeper methods to center yourself and become more present & heart centered in your sessions
- How Lomi Lomi can be integrated into your current practice
- In depth focus on the Hawaiian sacred principles of Aloha (love) & Pono (alignment) and Ho'omaluhia (to cultivate peace) to deepen your connection to clients and your heart centered self
- Full session trades with support from the Instructor and assistant(s)