San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Town Hall will take place on Wednesday, February 13 from 3-5 p.m. at Askwith Hall on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Askwith Hall is located on the first floor of Longfellow Hall at 13 Appian Way in Cambridge. (See Google Map)
Rob Lue, professor of the practice of molecular and cellular biology and faculty director of HarvardX, will lead the Town Hall. The tentative agenda is as follows:
- An intro to edX/HarvardX: Rob Lue, faculty director of HarvardX
- Components of a HarvardX course or module: HarvardX team
- Developing and offering a HarvardX course or module: HarvardX team
- The faculty perspective: David Malan, senior lecturer on computer science and lead instructor for CS50x
- Group discussion of course content ideas and modes of assessment (current options and future directions): Facilitated by Rob Lue
For those of you unable to attend this event, we will be offering one more Town Hall on March 28 (NOTE NEW DATE) from 3:30-5:30 p.m. at the Kresge Building (G2) on the Harvard School of Public Health campus (677 Huntington Ave, Longwood/Boston). Invitations and more details to come soon.
We also expect to make videos/materials from these events available online at harvardx.harvard.edu.
If you have any logistical questions about the event, get in touch with Valerie Beilenson <email@example.com>.
We look forward to seeing you there.
The HarvardX team
When & Where
A faculty-driven and university-wide effort, HarvardX aims to be collaborative and representational of Harvard’s academic diversity, showcasing the highest quality offerings of the University to serious learners everywhere. We bring the best of Harvard to the world.