Harvard Chan Summer Student Social Activities
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM - Friday, August 14, 2015 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
The following social activities have been planned during July and August to provide you with an engaging way to connect with your fellow students while also exploring all that Boston has to offer. Spouses, partners and children are welcome to attend all activities. Please RSVP to the activities you will be attending so we can have an accurate count for the number of guests to expect.
1. Summer Student Reception- Mix and mingle with your classmates on Thursday July 9th at 5:30 pm in the Kresge Cafeteria for a Summer Student Reception. Light appetizers will be provided.
2. Museum of Fine Arts- On Wednesday July 15th at 5:30 pm we will meet at the entrance to the Kresge building to head to the Museum of Fine Arts as a group. The MFA is located at 465 Huntington Ave and is a 10 minute walk from campus. Admission is always free with your HUID and is free on Wednesday nights for all. For a list of current exhibitions visit: http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions
3. Tour of Fenway Park- Tour America's most beloved baseball park, home of the Boston Red Sox, with your Harvard Chan peers on Saturday July 25th at 11:30 am! We will meet at the Harvard Chan School at 11 am and head to Fenway Park as a group. If you are meeting us at Fenway Park please meet at 4 Yawkey Way (Gate D entrance) by 11:30 am.
4. Institute of Contemporary Art- Thursday July 30th, meet at the Kresge entrance at 5:30 pm. Tour the Institute of Contemporary Art, free admission with your HUID. Sit outside on the pavilion and listen to a live concert featuring Wambura Mitaru and the Maua, a classically trained Kenyan artist. More information about the ICA visit: http://www.icaboston.org/
5. Shakespeare on the Common- Tuesday August 4th at 6 pm. See the Commonwealth Shakespeare Company present King Lear. Admission is free, bring a blanket or something to sit on. We will meet at the entrance to Kresge at 6 pm and take the T to Boston Common and grab some food along the way. The play begins at 8 pm at the Parkman Bandstand on the Boston Common. For more information visit: http://commshakes.org/performances/performance/97
6. End of Summer Session Social- Thursday August 13th at 5:00 pm. Join your classmates, staff and faculty to celebrate the end of summer session in the Kresge Cafeteria! Light appetizers will be provided.