Did you know that studies show that practicing gratitude increases your level of happiness by 25 percent? This fact was reported by Robert Emmons, Ph.D.- one of the world’s foremost experts on gratitude– in his book, “Thanks! How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier”.
So how can you bring more gratitude into your life? One way is by practicing gratitude exercises. Gratitude is not a concept to understand but a state of being that we should lean into and live within. Like any skill worth having gratitude requires practice. Join me for an evening of mindfulness focused on gratitude, inspiration, and community. In this space, we create you may share, reflect and make your very own gratitude jar. You may also learn more about the benefits of practicing gratitude, get inspired yourself or inspire others this holiday season!
When you bring your jar home, you can find a special place to keep your jar for others to view which may allow them to take time out to recognize, acknowledge, and appreciate the simple benefits of gratitude. Your jar could be an inspiration for others to be mindful and recognize the positive aspects of their lives throughout the year! In no time you will start to gather a collection of positivity to promote happiness! Anytime you feel like you need to fill up or do self-care open your jar and take a look inside!
Instructor: Emily Rose
• Jar of your choice (one per person)
• Upcycled materials and embellishments (assorted papers, string, fabric scraps, lace, beads, buttons and more)
• Inspirational material
• Mod podge, hot glue gun, crafting glue
• Acrylic paint
• Baubles, sequins, and glitter
• Gel pens, paint pens and other writing materials
Materials to Bring:
• A Friend, Open-Mind, and Fun Attitude
• A special jar if you choose, I will provide them otherwise.