Hand Tool Sharpening
Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
Hand Tool Sharpening w/ Aaron Moore
In this course you will learn to sharpen a wide variety of hand tools including planes and chisels. Learning tool sharpening is an essential skill for many trades as many tools need to be sharpened on a regular basis and you can't pay someone else to do it for you.
This two-hour course will cover the following:
- Sharpening basics, and what to consider when sharpening
- Bevel angels, how they affect the cut, and suggestions
- Common sharpening media and uses
- Speciality sharpening media and uses
- Grit and comparison
- Blade geometry
- Sharpening, including initial sharpening and re-sharpening
When & Where
Our mission is to encourage learning, creativity, and collaboration by providing affordable access to tools, workspace, and instructional classes.