Halloween Costume Swap
Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What: Halloween Costume Swap
When: October 13, 2012
Time: Session 1: 3:00- 4:30pm; Session 2: 4:30- 6:00pm
Where: The Little Gym of Round Rock
3203 S. IH-35, Round Rock, Texas 78664
The swap will feature an open gym with activities for kids and complementary food and drink. Sponsored by LiveMom, Free Fun in Austin and MomCom, the swap is an opportunity to recycle your kids’ used Halloween costumes and pick up something new-to-them for this year’s trick-or-treating.
The swap is being held on National Costume Swap Day, which the organization Green Halloween founded three years ago in the hopes of reducing waste associated with Halloween. According to their website, “swapping the costumes of only half of the children who celebrate Halloween would reduce annual landfill waste by 6,250 tons, equivalent to the weight of 2,500 midsize cars.”
Rules of the swap:
- Parents bring only one costume for each child who is with them at the swap.
- Attendees will get one ticket per costume and will use the ticket to get one new-to-them costume.
- There will be two swap sessions, one at 3:00 p.m. and one at 4:30 p.m., but attendees are encouraged to arrive a little early as tickets will be given out in numerical order (first to arrive, first to pick a costume).
- While there will be an open gym, all small children must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- If there are multiple pieces to the costume, please place in a clear bag and label so we know where it belongs once we begin sorting.
Any costumes not chosen by then end of the swap will be donated to Texas Baptist Children's Home. Attendees are welcome to bring additional costumes to donate. This is a great way to start off the fall holiday season by recycling, donating and having fun, all at once!
The Little Gym in Round Rock is at 3203 IH-35 South, next to Best Buy, and can be reached at (512) 687-4141. LiveMom, Free Fun in Austin and MomCom are mom-owned businesses working to connect parents and families in the greater Austin area through fun, knowledge and shared experience.
CONTACT: Catherine Prystup, LiveMom, (512)587-3177; firstname.lastname@example.org