San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
On August 18th VHS will be hosting two one fantastic events – the Hackers on a Train Workshop Tour and Super Happy Hacker House 23.
- Mitch Altman, Jimmie Rodgers, and maybe others will be visiting Vancouver at the tail end of the North American hackerspace tour. They are bringing a crapload of kits with them, and are hosting a kit building workshop at VHS. Kits will be for sale on a first-come-first-serve basis, with prices ranging from $10 to $35. See the kits section on the HoaT page for a list of what they will be bringing – notable favorites include the TV-B-Gone and Atari Punk Console.
- We will have limited space available for the kit workshop, please RSVP with Eventbrite to confirm your spot.
- Learn more about Mitch Altman from his Reddit AMA or from his Wikipediapage
[New] Kit building workshop has been derailed by the Canada Border Services Agency
Super Happy Hacker House
SHHH is an evening of hacking, show-n-tell, and socializing. Bring a project you’re working on, or just come down and find out what Vancouver’s hackers, crafters, and makers are working on.
This SHHH is special as Mitch will giving his “Hackespaces Are Great” talk, so if you have not visited VHS before, this would be an excellent opportunity. A variety of beverages will be available, so please join us and BRING YOUR OWN CUP! Extra points for geeky cups.
- Build kits 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Party!!! 7:30 till 1:00am
- Lightning talks starting around 10pm.
Saturday, Aug 18th from 3:30 till 1:00am.
45 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC. See video on how to get there
Everyone is welcome, member, non-member, guests, geek, dork, freak, maker, hacker, ect…
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/266471793452632/
When & Where
Vancouver Hack Space provides a physical space where every creative type can gather to share ideas, equipment, and opinions. We aim to create a 24/7 brain gym where members can show up and work on personal projects, consult with friends, and learn new tricks. More than just a studio space with tools, we focus on sharing all sorts of knowledge within a friendly and collaborative atmosphere.
At this point most of our members are hardware and software engineers, many of whom share an interest in microcontrollers, robotics, electronic music, and art. We welcome anyone with skills to share or an interest in learning.