The following divisions are at capacity and are no longer available for registration:
Majors B (National)
Majors A (American)
The following divisions are now closed:
There are waitlists for the following:
If you sign up for a waitlist, we will collect and charge your payment. If your child does not get added to the spring program, we will refund your order. We are doing our best to make room for everyone.
Registration for the 2013 GVLL Spring Season is now open! - Register today and take advantage of Winter Workouts this Sunday!
A full season schedule, including dates for Opening Day, Picture Day and Playoffs will soon be posted to www.gvllnyc.com.
To get you ready for an easy registration, please take 3 minutes to review the information below:
1. Registration & Fees
2. Baseball Divisions
3. Softball Divisions
4. How to Register
5. Sponsorship Opportunities
6. Contact Information & GVLL Online Destinations
We are happy to introduce a new registration system for 2013 and we are sure that you will enjoy the easier experience so please review this entire email before registering. Here are some quick facts:
- Registration is open from December 1, 2012 to February 1, 2013 at 5PM
- Registration fee is $175 for all divisions
- Sibling discounts available for 2-4 players of same family
- Scholarships available by contacting the league
- Some divisions will require tryouts, these tryouts will be scheduled in February 2013
- Players must reside in the GVLL boundary area. A boundary map is available here.
- Exact fields and division schedules are still being developed. We will provide updates during the registration process at gvllnyc.com.
- Registered players aged 9 years and above can take part in Sunday winter workouts starting in December 2012.
GVLL is an all volunteer organization. Your registration fees include the costs of:
- Uniforms (jersey, baseball pants, heart guard, socks and cap)
- Team equipment (batting helmets, catcher’s gear, bats, balls & first aid supplies)
- Professional instruction from the P3 Baseball Facility inside Pier 40
- Professional umpires
- Field permits
- Field conditioning supplies
- League charter and insurance
- Winter workout sessions for players 9 years and above
Please note that players must provide their own mitts/gloves and protective cup.
2. BASEBALL DIVISIONS
All baseball divisions are co-ed. Some divisions require tryouts which will be held in February at a date and location to be scheduled. All divisions include instruction from the P3 Baseball Facility within Pier 40.
Exact dates/times/locations for individual team practices and games are still to be determined.
Juniors and Seniors division are wood bats only leagues and temas may be mixed with players from other participating leagues.Ages are based on your child's age as of 4/30/13. You can determine your child's 2013 "baseball age" by checking this chart.
- Ages 5-6, T-Ball – Sunday morning session at Pier 40
- Ages 7-8, Junior Minors – Saturday practice, Sunday game
- Ages 9-12, Minors – Saturday game, Sunday practice
- Ages 9-12, Majors National – tryout required, 1 wkday practice, 2 weekend games
- Ages 10-12, Majors American – tryout required, 1 wkday practice, 2 weekend games
- Ages 13-14, Juniors – tryouts required, one wkday/night practice, two weekend games
- Ages 15-16, Seniors - tryouts required, one wkday/night practice, two weekend games
All softball divisions are for girl's only. All divisions include practices and extensive workshops and clinics. Girls softball is a rapidly growing division of GVLL and other neighboring Little Leagues (DLL, PSLL, WSLL, others). All softball divisions include workshops with former Olympian Elizabeth Sanchez who works on all aspects of a child's game including windmill pitching.
Fields of play for the 2013 schedule are still to be determined and may include a mix of the following based on availability and division of play: Pier 40, Central Park (various fields), Chelsea Waterside Park, Cheslea Park, and possibly JJ Walker (if completed). In addition, Juniors & Seniors will play other leagues at their home fields (Riverside Park, Battery Park City, others).
Exact dates/times/locations for individual team practices and games are still to be determined.Ages are based on your child's age as of 12/31/12. You can determine your child's 2013 "baseball age" by checking this chart.
- Ages 4-7 T-ball - 1 instructional game/session per weekend
- Ages 8-10 Minors - 1 session per weekend with a focus on softball specific rules
- Ages 10-12 Majors - 1-2 weekend games/practice
- Ages 12-14 Juniors - Weekday practice, 1-2 games per weekend
- Ages 14-16 Seniors - Weekday practice, 1-2 games per weekend
Please note that if you use the Little League of America age calculator, it may recommend softball divisions that do not adhere to our divisions, please use your child's age and select from the divisions above.
All registration can be completed online with a credit card. Checks cannot be accepted online. In person registration events will be scheduled for January. More inforamtion on this, once it is available, will be posted to www.gvllnyc.com.
Register now via 1 of the 3 choices below:
- Register Individual Player or
- Register Siblings and Receive Sibling Discount by entering "SIBLING2013" in the PROMOTIONAL CODE FIELD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE REGISTRATION FORM or
- Request Scholarship for 2013 Spring Season (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please follow this 3 step process below:
- Confirm that you reside in the GVLL boundary by checking the map. If you do not live in this area, please email the league about a possible waiver exception.
- Register Individual Player or Register Siblings and Receive Sibling Discount (use promotional code: SIBLING2013 - see above) or Request Scholarship for 2013 Spring Season (via email: email@example.com)
- Email proof of player's age and residency to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your registration. This information must incude:
- Proof of child's age (passport, birth certificate)
- Proof of residence (cable bill, insurance bill, utility bill, etc) that confirms that you reside within the GVLL boundary
5. SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Companies, Families and Individuals can sponsor a Greenwich Village Little League team for the 2013 season.
6. QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions – information on league boundaries, league policies, division rules, safety plan, volunteer forms, medical release forms, sponsorship & tournament can be found on our website: www.gvllnyc.com or e-mail us.
Lastly, as most of you know, GVLL fields and facilities are facing some tough challenges so it's more important than ever that we come together as a community to protect our children's field space. Please consider following GVLL on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed and learn how you can help.
Please feel free to pass this email on to anyone who you wish to share this information with.
We apologize if you have received this message more than once, we just wanted to make sure that you received notification that registration is now open.
We look forward to seeing you this Spring!
Have questions about GVLL Spring 2013 Registration?
Contact Greenwich Village Little League (GVLL)