Gulf Winds Track Club Membership 2017
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In the beginning .. The Club emerged from leaders in the Tallahassee running community led by Jeff Galloway, 1972 Olympic 10,000 meter runner. During the early months of 1974, a group including Dick Roberts, Mike Long and Dr. Herb Wills met and discussed the idea of a "grass roots community organization to con-duct local running events". In early 1975 the name "Gulf Winds Track Club" became official and Galloway was chosen Club president. By 1977 the Club was incorpo-rated as a nonprofit organization and joined the Road Runners Club of America, the national organization of running clubs.
Today's Club includes joggers, runners, race walkers and triathletes of all levels of ability and training, whether they participate for competition, fitness or per-sonal and social enjoyment. Our newsletters, social meetings and lecture series inform members of local and regional events and foster the exchange of information about training. Among our most valued members are those who promote fitness through service to the Club, primarily on a volunteer basis.
- Race Discounts on GWTC Club Races
- Annual Awards Program
- Guidance for local groups holding races
- Race calendar coordination of area runs
- Race equipment rental
- Course measurement and certification
- FSU, Maclay School, and Leon Track Intervals
- Beginning Running Group
- Springtime Running Group
- Trailblazers Training Group
- Turkey Trot Training Group
- Distance Running Groups
- School Running Grant Program
- Chenoweth Endowment Fund
- Lecture series
- Family-friendly social events
- "The Fleet Foot" monthly newsletter
- Website with running-related information, race re-sults, calendar, and articles of interest
- Private internet discussion group for members only.
- Full race schedule of varied terrain and distances
- Support of Tallahassee’s summer track program
- Discounts at participating area merchants
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Mark Priddy is the Gulf Winds Track Club Membership Director.
Text: 850 508 1961 or email email@example.com.