is Tampa Bay’s oldest and biggest Maker festival, celebrating the DIY Inventive Spirit since 2012! We'll have over 100 exhibitors, comprising more than 400 technologists, artists, crafters, mechanical and electrical wizards, costumers and prop makers, roboticists, musical artists, inventors, coders and gamers, and more! Over 1500 are expected to participate.
Make stuff? Love sharing what you make? Love selling what you make? Come Share what you Make at Gulf Coast MakerCon, our annual Celebration of the DIY Inventive Spirit!
Here's some of what we have on tap for 2017:
- 40,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space at the Special Events Center at the Florida State Fairgrounds
- Cigar City Multirotor Drone Race exhibition
- 3rd Annual Southeast Combat Robotics Championship
- 3rd Annual Electrathon Car Races
- Annual Inventors & Entrepreneurs Showcase
- Makers Market
- Young Makers Village
- Workshops & Demos
- Deconstruction Zone
- Gaming Expo
- Heritage Makers
- Transportation Exhibits
- Garden Tech & Sustainability
- 21st Century Tech
- Robotics and Mechatronics
and much more! Read on to see how you can be a part of it all!
Be a Gulf Coast MakerCon Maker!
We welcome a wide variety of exhibits and presentations that bring together science, art, craft, engineering, and music in an exciting and interactive way for our annual Celebration of the DIY Inventive Spirit! You can see the list of our 2016 exhibitors here to get an idea of the variety and scope of Gulf Coast MakerCon.
Maker Exhibit : Individuals, groups, schools and organizations that would like to demonstrate what they make and/or how it works are welcome, and interactive exhibits are highly encouraged. For maker groups, please have one point person to coordinate your efforts. Registered makers will recieve regular updates leading up to the event, with full exhibitor details. But here's the basics:
- There is a $10 refundable fee for nonprofit educational exhibitors, non-commercial presenters or to performers.
- Booth space for Commercial Makers interested in selling their products is $120. Look for special discount codes at our website and in a variety of media leading up to the event.
- There is an additional $8 nonrefundable fee if you require power at your booth.
- Each exhibitor gets one 6 to 8 ft. table (depends on what Fairgrounds supplies) and 2 chairs, and can bring extra tables and booth materials (canopies, chairs, decorations, etc) as long as you remain within your allotted 10x10 ft. space.
- Each exhibitor can have 2-3 booth staff/helpers, and gets up to two parking passes.
Non-Profit and Cause or Mission Based Associations, Institutions and Organizations are those whose work creates no commercial gain, and may be educational, arts, humanities, vocational, governmental or similar in nature. There is no booth fee for these organizations. There is, however, a refundable $10.00 fee for nonprofit exhibitor, returned at the end of MakerCon on April 8. No shows are nonrefundable, nor is the fee refunded to exhibitors leaving before the end of the event.
Commercial Makers are Individuals who would like to sell or market products along with demonstrating what they make at their maker exhibit. Please note, startup companies, corporate entities, and established companies do not qualify as Commercial Makers. If you are in any of these categories, please visit our Sponsor registration page to learn how you can have a booth at Gulf Coast MakerCon.
Performance: Musicians and entertainers accepted to perform at Gulf Coast MakerCon have 30-45 minutes performance time depending on number of performers, and type of performance. . Roaming and unscheduled, performances are also welcomed- please specify relevant category during registration. We're especially interested in unusual handmade instruments, original music especially folk and rock, acoustic, electronic, computer/AI generated and steampunk. (limited spots available)
Presentation: Individuals and groups who would like to talk about an idea or project of interest to the Maker community, OR makers who are interested in demonstrating what they make and how it works in a stage setting are invited to apply to present at Gulf Coast MakerCon. Presentations are typically 10, 20, or 45 minutes in length, with some time for Q&A. We will not accept commercial presentations or product pitches. These are intended to be DIY/Maker style informative or instructional sessions, across traditional, electronic, mechanical, invention and business related topics. (limited spots available)
***Please Note: The organizers of Gulf Coast MakerCon reserve the right to refuse or reject any exhibitor application which we deem in appropriate or not in the spirit of our celebration of the DIY inventive spirit.***
If you're interested in being a Gulf Coast MakerCon Sponsor, please visit our Sponsor Registration site.