Greenworks 2012 Progress Report
Thursday, June 21, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
This event is free and seating is not guaranteed.
Please arrive with your printed registration.
The Mayor’s Office of Sustainability: Greenworks 2012 Progress Report
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Reception: 6:00 p.m.
Program: 6:30 p.m.
Greenworks Philadelphia, a plan of the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability, sets 15 sustainability targets in the areas of energy, environment, equity, economy, and engagement to make Philadelphia the greenest city in America by 2015. In June 2012, the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability will release the Greenworks Midway Update and 2012 Progress Report, a report card on how the program is fairing and its plans for the future. Join us at the Academy as we hear from five leaders who are working hard to move the Philadelphia Greenworks initiative forward.
- Joe Palantino, Deputy Public Property Commissioner, will fill you in on the City’s new preventative maintenance program.
- Donald Carlton, Streets Department Operations Administrator, will update you on Philadelphia’s recycling operations and the new Insinkerator “Clean Kitchen, Green Community” pilot program.
- Natalie Shieh, Deputy Chief of Staff in the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, will teach you how zoning reform is supporting sustainability and attracting clean business.
- Christine Marjoram, Director of Planning & Research for the Philadelphia Water Department, the Green City, Clean Waters
- Erica Smith Fichman, TreePhilly Manager at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, will give you the scoop on the City's new tree giveaway, education, and maintenance programs.
- Donna Carney, Director of the Citizens Planning Institute
When & Where
Drexel's Engineers Week & the Academy of Natural Sciences